Showing new paintings, and latest news.


Grey Face - greyhound canvas print

8/30/2024 9:05:28 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

The way she quietly watches you...

A close-up depiction of a grey faced brindle greyhound with expressive eyes in a slightly abstract style, blending soft pinks in the background. The brushstrokes and color palette give the artwork a raw and emotional feel. The perfect combination of greyhound and abstract art. The combination of pinks and greys make it ideal to be a focal point in any room.

 

The painting sold but is now available printed on canvas in my print shop. There is an unframed and a framed version.

And if you would like to browse the whole collection of prints click here >>>

 

Read More


Summer Memories - Galgo Espanol Fine Art Print

7/18/2023 1:09:36 PM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

Holiday time here in Finland and a chance to enjoy summer long evenings and beautiful flowers... It is quite common at this time to see ladies and girls wearing flower crowns, so why not dogs... 

I wanted to keep the painting light and misty, and the long face a galgo (Spanish greyhound) appearing as though she might be wearing a veil. 

This painting is available as a fine art print in two sizes. Click this link for all the details!


Summer Memories

(detail)

Read More


New Greyhound and Galgo Fine Art Prints Coming Autumn 2022

6/27/2022 7:39:38 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I will have a new selection of galgo Espanol and greyhound prints coming in the Autumn 2022 from some of my new paintings created this spring. See those selected below. I am expecting them to be available in September. The best way to be informed when they are released is by becoming a subscriber to My List. Click this link to join>>>

 

     

Crossing

 

Follow Me

 

Fly High

 

The most reliable way to be informed when these new fine art prints are ready is to be on My List! And you can subscribe here by following this link >>>

And if you would like to browse the currently available you will find the information here >>>

 

 

Read More


Summer Colours and Greyhounds

6/26/2022 5:38:21 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I have enjoyed painting with a green and pink colour palette since the start of the spring, and including it with my greyhound and galgo Espanol paintings. 

 

Even before I actually saw any green growth this year, I started mixing different shades of green in anticipation. I went back to an idea I had last year with the painting spring fever (see below). I do not use green too much in paintings so it was nice to observe all the greens in the forest where we live and as spring arrived, that very special fresh (spring) green! However, my favourite shade has been the greyish green which has gone so well with the pinks I have used as with the painting Patience above.

 

That said, with summer holidays fast approaching I am already starting to think about the colour palette I should be using as we head into autumn. Watch this space...

 

The easiest way to be kept informed of new paintings and fine art prints is to subscribe to my email list and you can do so here >>>

 

Spring fever is available as framed canvas print,

Click here for details >>>

Read More


Me and my Spanish Girl

4/28/2022 1:03:26 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

We have recently had an explosion of interest on Instagram and I know for a fact it is due to my rescue galgo Espanol (Spanish sighthound).

Since adopting Tenshi 3 years ago I paint almost exclusively greyhounds. I paint realistic portraits, but I am also very inspired to paint abstract art of these athletic hounds. Tenshi is always with me in the studio, so I always have a live model. As ‘Tenshi’s art’ has become so popular I recently promoted her from artist’s muse to business partner! Below is her top selling print Hold Tight.

My studio is in Helsinki and we ship original artworks and prints around the world. 

You will find all the information about what we do here on this website, but if you have any questions please contact me!
Tenshi has her own Instagram account @galgotenshi

Hold Tight - fine art print

Read More


The Look of Love - New Hare and Hound Print Coming Soon...

3/6/2022 8:07:56 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I used this image for Valentine's / Friends' Day on social media. 

 

It was immensely popular and I was asked several times if it could be available as an art print. It is lovely to get this type of feedback, because one never really knows how successful an artwork will be as a print, and this made the decision easy. So, as soon as I see the test print you will see 'The look of love' offered in two convenient sizes A4 and A3 at SaarikoskiArt on Etsy.

 

If you would like to be informed when it is available send me a message by using the contact tab in the menu.

Read More


Black Greyhound Painting 'Sprint' to become available as a fine art print

1/11/2022 1:36:30 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I have had several requests for the oil painting 'Sprint' to be made available as a print. I think it will work well so it will be available soon as a fine art print and also framed on canvas. If you are interested in this you can either watch this space, or the better option is to join my email list. Then I will send you the information once the prints are ready.

 

Subscribe to my email list by clicking here >>>

Read More


Fine Art Prints Available On-line and from my studio in Helsinki

11/9/2021 12:56:41 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I have a selection of fine art prints available both on-line and from my studio in Helsinki. Perfect for Christmas gifts!

 

If you are unable to visit us in Helsinki the full range of prints is available from my Etsy shop SaarikoskiArt >>>

Here you will find all the details and prices for your region.

 

My studio address is:

Aleksis Kiven Katu 40,

00510 Helsinki

 

Opening times for autumn 2021 are:

Tuesday 13:00 - 17:00

Wednesday 13:00 - 17:00

Thursday 13:00 - 17:00

Saturday 10:00 -13:00

Read More


The Hare and Greyhound that became my top selling print!

6/6/2021 12:33:17 PM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

Little did I realize when I had the hare and hound idea during the COVID-19 lockdown in spring 2020 that this small painting would become my most popular print. The original oil painting itself got a lot of attention and several people wanted it, so it was an easy decision to offer fine art prints from it. There prints can be bought from this website here >>>

 

A little background to the painting. It was inspired by my galgo Espanol (Spanish greyhound) a hunting rescue dog now happily retired with me, and my constant companion. Since having her I have enjoyed seeing far more wildlife than ever before as we are out walking early morning and late evening. She is especially interested in the local hare population which is plentiful in the area where we live. She quietly watches them and would chase given the chance, but we are within city limits where all dogs must be on a leash. However, during her first winter in Finland, so far colder than her native Spain, I noticed in the morning she would glance at the hares enjoying the grass in front of our home. But it was only a glance as she decided she would like to go into the warm to enjoy her breakfast. It was from this I had the idea about the hunter and the prey starting to co-operate and that's how the hare clinging to the neck of the hound came about. 

 

I have been asked, why is the hare looking back? The simple answer is composition. How to fit the two animals together when one has such long ears. So I decided the hare could be looking back over its shoulder, and this could add to the story, and keep the viewer wondering about the situation. Whatever the hare may be watching I like to think there is co-operation between the unlikely pair.

 

Details:

Title: Hold Tight from the Hare and Hound Series fine art print. 

Printed on fine art paper with archival inks.

Size: 20 x 25 cm or approximately 8" x 10".

The price includes sales tax (where applicable) and shipping.

Prints are made to order with a processing time of 3-5 days. Shipping times vary according to your location between 4 - 14 days.

To buy go to the print information page here >>>

 

Read More


Faster Faster - Hare and Hound Series #9 Fine Art Print

1/10/2021 11:32:06 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

This oil painting was in a series of 10 Hare and Hound artworks and perhaps you can see how my imagination was starting to run, with the hare urging the hound "faster faster". It is up to you the viewer to decide the story, why, what, when?

The original painting found a super home in the US and I decided to make it available as a fine art print details about the print are below and if you would like to purchase click this link >>>

The idea for the Hare and Hound Series was inspired by my adopted galgo Espanol (Spanish greyhound) an ex-hunting dog from Spain, used for hunting hare and coursing. She lives in retirement now, but walking with her early morning and late evening we often see the neighbourhood hare population. As my galgo is always on the leash they seem to know they are safe and usually stick around while we pass. It's just a nice thought to think of some kind of cooperation between the species - the hunter and the hunted.

A fine art print available from my original acrylic painting 'Faster Faster'.

Printed on fine art paper with archival inks.

Size: 20 x 25 cm or approximately 10x8".

The price includes sales tax (where applicable) and shipping.

Prints are made to order with a processing time of 4-7 days.

Shipping times vary according to your location between 4 - 14 days.

To buy the print click here >>>

 

 

 

 

Read More


Hold Tight from the Hare and Hound Series - open edition fine art print

10/15/2020 1:33:13 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

This very popular painting is now available as a fine art print.  Printed on fine art paper with archival inks.

Prints are made to order with a processing time of 3-5 days. Shipping times vary according to your location.

The size is 20 x 25 cm or approximately 8" x 10".

The price includes sales tax (where applicable) and shipping.

Click here to purchase >>>

 

The original painting was inspired by my galgo Espanol (Spanish greyhound) a hunting rescue dog now retired, and her changing relationship with the neighbourhood hares, with a touch of my imagination thrown in. 

Although the original painting is sold you will find other paintings in the series available on this website. I have also painted several 'Your Hound My Hare' as commissioned pieces, which means I could paint your hound with a hare similar to the once in this painting. You will find my commission information here and prices here >>>

Read More