Showing new paintings, and latest news.


A Special Whippet Portrait

6/22/2026 6:36:40 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

A very special commissioned portrait of a beautiful whippet who is terribly missed.

I received the perfect brief with photos, idea board, and colour palette for this painting. Therefore I had a clear idea of how the painting should look right from the start.

If you would like to commission a painting you will find information on my website, just follow the link >>>

 

Read More


Always Together - Two Galgos

3/21/2023 12:28:38 PM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

A pair of Spanish sighthounds with the title Always Together.

This has been a very popular painting not just because there is a white and a black greyhound, but also the colors have appealed to a lot of people. Therefore I am very happy that it has reproduced very well as a print!

 

If you would like to see photos and information on how to purchase, please click here >>>

 

Read More


Hare and Hound Prints Now available in Float Frames!

10/22/2022 1:19:56 PM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I have been selling prints of my work for sometime now and often get asked about framing. It is not possible for me to offer many framing options because I do not have time to administer them. I pondered on whether I should offer a limited range of frames, and this is my solution.

 

I tested canvas mounted prints in a black float frame that I could offer globally. This worked very well, but the black was not a fit for all the prints and I had to be patient and wait for the white version to become available to offer around the world.

 

My print Hold Tight was the obvious choice to offer first, and it attracted attention from my studio in Helsinki  in both the black and white frame and not only to sighthound people - which I have to say has been quite a bonus!

 

Why float frames? I wanted to offer something different and modern. They are a very good quality wooden frame and have the added advantage that they are deep enough to be be free standing on a shelf. 

 

Why only black or white? My art tends to suit either black or white and in some cases both! Frame choices are infinite and I do not have room to become a framing shop. For now at least I will stick to this limited but quality range.  

Read More


Black Greyhound Painting 'Sprint' to become available as a fine art print

1/11/2022 1:36:30 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

I have had several requests for the oil painting 'Sprint' to be made available as a print. I think it will work well so it will be available soon as a fine art print and also framed on canvas. If you are interested in this you can either watch this space, or the better option is to join my email list. Then I will send you the information once the prints are ready.

 

Subscribe to my email list by clicking here >>>

Read More


Nala - Whippet portrait by Louise Charles-Saarikoski

1/8/2020 12:45:43 AM | By Louise Charles-Saarikoski | Comment on this

“The most beautiful, and thoughtful gift I’ve received ever! Thank you for the portrait, love it ♥️”. - Pia , Helsinki, Finland 

 

This is a portrait of beautiful whippet Nala. I received the order well in advance of Christmas for when it was to be given as a gift to her owner. In the photograph I was sent Nala was 'back lit' as a beautiful sunset over a lake was in the background. This meant she appeared quite dark in the photo. However when I asked for more photographs, I was quickly supplied with further photos so I could see Nala's colour and her gorgeous whippet eyes properly, and it turned into a very successful painting. It was wonderful to paint the delicate pinks and blues of the sunset over the lake as the perfect backdrop to this pale coloured whippet.

 

Those of you who know me, know I have a thing for sighthounds and I have a galgo Espanol (Spanish sighthound). Therefire may be you can imagine how excited I was to get the opportunity to paint Nala in such a beautiful and dare I say typical Finnish scene. A whippet next to a Finnish lake, the perfect combination!

 

Nala posing next to her portrait.


If you are interested in ordering a portrait please send me an email by using the contact tab in the menu.

 

You will find sighthound paintings, prints and greetings cards in my Etsy shop: SaarikoskiArt>>>

 

 

Read More